:: mindception ::
[ texts ]
ZOOM TALK GUERILLA UNIVERSITY- CONVERSATION ON DECOLONIZED LANDSCAPES- WITH ZAPATISTAS, KURDISH ECOLOGiCAL ACTION, AFRO-AMERICAN STRUGGLES, MIGRANT ASSOCIATION FROM AUSTRIA
We are sharing precious and rare moment of conversation between the delegation of Zapatistas who are currently traveling through Europe and who stopped at our friends at the La Nacelle Foundation in Belgium* while assisting on zoom debate, respecting their decision not to take pictures (camera faced the park), meeting with the protagonists of the Kurdish action "Green Braids" - planting 4,000,000 trees in the field of Rojava (Kurdish Autonomous Region in northern Syria) around Rojava University, our comrades from the USA who invite us learning from Black Struggles and showing connections between Black Panthers and zapatistas movements), our kurdsih friend philosopher Mansur Teifuri who showed how zapatist's struggle inspired kurdsih peasant struggle in Iran in 1979 and migrant association (DAS KOLEKTIV- Linz)- presenting of visual action "seeding the words in landscapes" in the frame of migrants alphabetization through poetry- Guerilla University Austria, October 2021, inspired partly by words of Zapatista delegation that they hosted in Linz : "We come in Europe to plant the words as seeds"..
- Introductory word by Martin Van Der Belen- La Nacelle Foundation . Presentation workshop on permaculture with Zapatists and spreading seeds of future in La Nacelle, Belgium.
- Ivana Momcilović, PhD In One Night presentation of Guerilla University and connecting the landscape of freedom and emancipation with the social struggles of people, connecting the unlearning process with a new type of coexistence of man and nature.
Presentation during the debate of visual intervention on landscapes from Rojava University and Black Mountain College, as the examples of emancipatory landscapes which included gardening in their educational process, by participants of the recent course "Free Temporary Territories- Learning from Unlearning" ( Guerilla University) in Austria, October 2021.
- Gulistan Sido, Rojava University- "Environmental project in the middle of the war" - presentation of the project of planting 4 million trees
- Mansur Teifuri- philosopher, Kurdish part of Iraq- representation of Kurdish popular uprisings in Iraq, inspired by Emiliano Zapata.
- Araba Evelyn Johnston-Arthur: presentation of intervention at Guerilla University "Seeding another world" - connecting Black radical imagination with the new germs of the world that we are currently building together.
- Rubia Salgado (DAS KOLEKTIV- Linz)- presentation of visual action ' seeding the words in landscapes" in the frame of migrants alphabetization through poetry- Guerilla University Austria, October 2021, inspired partly by words of Zapatista delegation that they hosted in Linz : "We come in Europe to plant the words as seeds".
The debate is in English.
The translation of Zapatistas from Spanish to English and vice versa is consecutive, thanks to the translators who accompany the Zapatistas delegations in Belgium.
Thanks to Bojana Matejić, University of Arts, Belgrade, who sent us this link zoom and for participating in the Guerilla University episode in Austria.
To be continued...
Ivana and Martin
*Greenhouse and botanical garden in Bierbais (1828), on whose foundations in 1972 derived modernist-brutalist architectural interventions, now start to receive artists, researchers and permaculture activists as a result of the initiative of La Nacelle Foundation. Botanical Garden Bierbais was conceived by the famous 19th century Dutch-German landscape architect Charles Henri Petersen who also designed, a year later, the Botanical Garden in Brussels (1829), better known as Botanique.